Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Im going to uni in a few months and im a big gamer, should I buy a laptop or a desktop?

Laptop vs. Desktop



I have no idea whether the portability advantage of the laptop will help me out at uni, going to lectures and things, seeing as I am one to take notes with just pen %26amp; paper. On the other hand the desktop is fairly cumbersome but will allow me to have the top specs for a much cheaper price than for a laptop, including things such as SLI/physX setups. Another point is, should I wait until summer (uni starts in Fall) for the Geforce 8 series to be released? And what brand is best for price/performance ratio? Thanks!Im going to uni in a few months and im a big gamer, should I buy a laptop or a desktop?Well, I've got a desktop for gaming, and a laptop for school work, portable stuff, misc small scale assignments.

It really depends.



I think you should invest in a desktop with the highest performance you can afford. If you can, get a 2nd hand laptop for assignments, etc.



As for the Geforce 8 series, if you have a desktop upgrading the graphic cards shouldn't be a problem.





Jenova

(d.yuffie@gmail.com)Im going to uni in a few months and im a big gamer, should I buy a laptop or a desktop?
the only thing that i can really tell you is to go with a desktop. you can continually update it and change the hardware whenever you want. a laptop would limit you immensely considering the fact that they are harder to upgrade.Im going to uni in a few months and im a big gamer, should I buy a laptop or a desktop?desktop definitely. desktop has twice the power of laptop and is less expensive. laptop screen is small and u cant use it more than 1-2 hours outside. my uncle bought a laptop few months ago and he regrets it. laptop freezes up alot and hard to play nice games in it too.Im going to uni in a few months and im a big gamer, should I buy a laptop or a desktop?
desktop, more powerful for less money.Im going to uni in a few months and im a big gamer, should I buy a laptop or a desktop?get one for gaming and one for school work.Im going to uni in a few months and im a big gamer, should I buy a laptop or a desktop?
A desktop is much easier and cheaper to work on.You can upgrade and tweak a desktop easier than a laptop as well!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment