Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Why did I lose my saved game data, achievments, and 1000+ gamer points after switching to Xbox Live?

I kept the same gamertag since it wasn't taken so I know that's not it. It might have something to do with the fact that I only have a memory card.Why did I lose my saved game data, achievments, and 1000+ gamer points after switching to Xbox Live?If by "switching to Xbox Live" you mean changing your offline profile to an online profile, then everything that happened should have happened.



Most games have save data that is specific to the gamertag used to save the game, so even if it's the same name, it doesn't recognize it as being the same exact profile.



And I don't know why, but the achievements are always reset when you go from offline to online. It's just one of those things Microsoft does.



I'm almost sure, however, that it tells you that when upgrading to an online account, and there's no way around it.



So sorry to say, but you're going to have to re-do everything.





And on another note, if you ever earn achievements disconnected from the internet (with your new online profile), be sure to connect to the internet to update the achievements before you recover the gamertag on a different console, or else those achievements you got while disconnected will disappear.

No comments:

Post a Comment